° 9 lasagna noodles
° 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
° 12 oz. bag of frozen broccoli, thawed
° 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
° 1 c. grated parmesan cheese
° 1 small onion chopped
° 2 cloves minced garlic
° 1/4 tsp. Plus 1 T. Salt
° 1 chicken broth
° 1 1/2 m full fat milk
° 1 tsp. dried basil
° 2 t. olive oil
° 5 T. Butter
° 5 t. Flour
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt and noodles. Cook for 7-8 minutes until tender. Drain, drain cold water to prevent sticking, and set aside.
- On medium skillet, heat the oil and fry the chicken until fully cooked, add the broccoli, onion and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Removing from fire & set apart . In other saucepan, melt the butter & beat in flour. Cook for 1 minute, add chicken broth and milk and whisk until sauce begins to thicken.
- Cook until the sauce tightly coats the back of the spoon. Remove from heat and add basil, salt, Parmesan cheese and 1/4 C of mozzarella cheese. Add the chicken mixture to the sauce and mix well.
- Assemble them… In a lightly greased 9″ x 13 pan”, place a layer of noodles, put a good layer of the sauce mixture on top and sprinkle with a quarter of the remaining cheese.
- Repeat for a second layer ending with a topping of noodles, then pour any remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.